Managers organize park operations to ensure cleanliness of facilities/amenities, well-manicured grounds, and the highest level of customer service. Depending on the size of the park, managers will complete or assist staff in completing many of these tasks. An on-site dwelling or RV Site and utilities are provided with this position and for security/emergency purposes the Park Managers, or an appointed representative, is required to be on-site at all times.
While not required a couple is preferred. Typically one person is responsible for the front oﬃce and must have excellent customer service skills while the other is responsible for park maintenance and repairs.
● Ensure that the check-in and check-out process runs smoothly
● Manage all park general maintenance and repair requirements
● Ensure park cleanliness is kept to standards set by owners
● Train team members as required for their positions
● Ensure guest’s satisfaction and safety
● Review reports and statements of park sales and expenditures
● Keep park expenditures within budgetary guidelines
● Maintain and respond to park emails
● Keep up to date on park restrictions that government entities may impose from time to time (ﬁre restrictions, watering restrictions, etc)
● Communicate with main oﬃce team members on a regular basis
● Work with the marketing department to market the park they manage
● Hire camp hosts and other personnel as needed after management approval
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The Park Manager must have proﬁcient knowledge in the following areas:
● Local codes and requirements for parks
● RV Park repairs in plumbing, electrical and grounds maintenance
● Ability to use a computer, email, on-line reservation systems
● Telephone etiquette
● Excellent customer service
● Be able to handle sensitive situations with kindness
● Be able to enforce rules and guidelines
● Service with a smile!
The Park Manager must demonstrate the following personal attributes:
● Be honest and trustworthy
● Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
● Be ﬂexible
● Respect – For others and yourself
● Cooperation – If you need help, ask. If you are asked for help, give it
● Devotion – Sincere interest in helping our customers and other staff members
● “WOW” – Deliver unexpected great service
● Fun – Be a passionate team player and have FUN!
● Physical Demands: Physical labor such as mowing, digging, trimming, cleaning, and walking around the park will be required (will vary depending number of team members at each location). Will include both indoor and outdoor tasks in variety of conditions.
● Environmental Conditions: The Park Managers will be asked to manage a number of projects at one time, and may be interrupted frequently to meet the needs and requests of guests and team members. They will need excellent organizational, time, and stress management skills to complete the required tasks.
● Sensory Demands: The position requires the use of computers for long periods of time, which may cause eyestrain and occasional headaches.
● Mental Demands: The Park Managers can deal with stressful circumstances as many of the tasks require immediate attention and involve resolving conflicts. A problem-solving mentality is required!
● 2+ years of experience in an RV Park Manager position, or
● 2+ years of experience working as an Assistant Manager at an RV park, or
● 4+ years of business management experience in hospitality/service industry
● Have a valid driver’s license and a clean MVR
● Either possess or have the ability to get a pool operator certification within 3 months of employment
● Possess knowledge of First Aid and CPR or be willing to gain it within 2 months of employment